Friday, April 9, 2010

Losing My (Blogging) Virginity

I'm taking the advice of a friend and starting a blog. This is the first time I have ever written anything that I won't receive a grade for. People that write recreationally are either very self-confident or are totally unaware that the people who are reading what they are writing are judging them. Judge away, America.

Blog is a strange word, and one that I don't particularly enjoy saying (my two favorite words: voodoo and sassafrass). Nonetheless, I feel as though now is a good time to start one. I have lots to say and am running out of people to say them to. Most of these things have to do with sports.

I like sports a whole lot, so much so that I had no sex life through high school and couldn't have cared much less. As I learn more and more about sports and life I have thoughts and ideas that John and Jane Doe Sportsfan are no longer interested in or, at times, able to comprehend. This blog gives me a chance to find an audience for these advanced thoughts. However, since I'm not an idiot, I know keeping this blog homogenously sport-centric will limit traffic to it. So, I plan on commenting on other things as well.

I take sports far too seriously and the rest of life not seriously enough....you will learn this quite quickly. Right now I have to go find something to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment